Here's a brief recap of the rules that go along with it:
- Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won.
Here are 7 things about myself that don't have much to do with running, and that I probably won't blog about outside of this post:
- I Play Drums - I started playing the drums in about 5th grade. In high school, I played in the drumline and jazz band. During my college years, I was in a rock 'n' roll cover band called Paradox. I still get together with those guys several times a year and jam.
- I Play Piano - Not as good of piano player as a drummer, but I took a few years of lessons, and taught myself quite a few songs from rock to classical. Playing drums and piano used to be a bigger hobby of mine until the running and kids kinda replaced that.
- I Have Asthma - OK, so this might have something to do with running, but I don't have asthma very bad, and I generally don't feel I can use it as an excuse for poor running performances. I hardly ever get asthma attacks. I do, however, wonder what role it plays on my overall fitness/VO2max.
- I Have Horses - I can say I have horses since I pay for them, and do some of the upkeep, but they're really my wife's hobby that I got to inherit when we got married.
- State Soccer Champion - I was a member of the team that won the 1989 Kansas Soccer Championship for High School. It is the greatest sporting accomplishment of my life, and sometimes I feel like Al Bundy from 'Married With Children' when I relive my high school glory days. (I also played basketball for my HS)
- Porn Star - Did I just get your attention? Most bloggers know me simply as 2Slow4Boston, some even know my first name is Jon, but for this post, I will let it be known that my real life name is Jon Holmes. Half of you are probably saying "Big deal, who dat?" The other half of you are probably rolling on the floor about now laughing, saying "No Fucking Way!". For the half of you who don't know who John Holmes is, he's probably the most most infamous porn star of all time IMHO. He died of AIDS in the late 80's, but there have been several movies made about
mehim ie. 'Boogie Nights' and 'Wonderland'. Anyway, my name can turn into a conversation piece wherever I go.
- I've lived out of 2 bedrooms my whole life - I'm guessing that's a pretty unique attribute these days. I lived in the same bedroom in my parent's house from the time they brought me home from the hospital until the day I got married and moved into my current house. So I was in my first bedroom/house until I was 28 year old, and I've been living in my current house/bedroom the last 11 years.
|Me posing with the championship trophy.|
BTW, that is mud all over me.
|Our horses Cassy, Garlic, and Onion.|
All that's left is for me to pick some other stylish bloggers, so here it goes. The rules say I should pay it forward to 15, but I will limit my selection to 5
because I'm lazy to make this way more prestigious. One of my criteria is to choose bloggers who grace me with their comments on a regular basis, so this is one way of showing my appreciation. Of course I'm leaving some deserving bloggers off the list, but I want everyone to know who I correspond with that I value your interaction!
- Nelly from Nelly on the Run - We share the same taste in Blogger templates. He gives insightful comments about my running times and my BQ quest.
- Chanda from Slow and Steady - We share the same Blogger template too, and she has the word Slow in her blog title like me :-)
- Beka from Fair Weather Runner - She's the first blogger I met in person, and I find her style of writing to be very entertaining and humorous.
- Paul from 50 is the new 30 - We're both engineers and we both seem to think the same way about training and running.
- Adam from I am Boring - I think Adam has the funniest blog that I read (next to Chris K's of course). He also has an impressive following. From what I can tell, he dedicates a lot of time to blogging, and that's on top of his work and family obligations. As near as I can tell, he hasn't received this little award yet, and that's surprising to me.